Host scanning is enabled by default so ARMO Platform can receive information about the worker nodes in your cluster.
Host scanning provides information about:
- the control plane, if applicable
- the container network interface (CNI) configuration
- the kernel and OS version
- the kubelet and kube-proxy configuration
- whether the node is running on a cloud provider, and if it has access to the cloud metadata server
- any open ports
The host scanner, or host sensor, is a microservice that exposes values from a Linux host. When a scan is being performed, the host scanner is deployed as a DaemonSet in a custom namespace. The host filesystem is mapped as a volume mount into the pod. After the data is collected, the DaemonSet and the namespace are deleted.
More information on the host scanner, and its source code, is available on GitHub.
Updated 3 months ago